Between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day my entire journal disappeared. Each time I attempted to load the page I got this message
Error establishing a database connection! This probably means that the connection information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect. Double check it and try again.
Are you sure you have the correct user/password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
I contacted my host who informed me that I don’t have a database! Now, I don’t claim to know everything about computers but I do know this – when I installed my journal they provided me with a database and the only way I can no longer have a database is if they got rid of it.
I emailed them asking a lot of questions. In the meantime I used Google’s cached links to retrieve my journal and began cut and pasting all 130 entries into Word. The plan was to find a new host and re-enter my entire journal.
Before any one shouts Back-Up; I must admit I had not backed up my journal (hence the cut and paste!) however even if I had it would have been pointless. A backed up version of my journal would have to be restored onto the database and seeing as the database had vanished the back up would have been of no use.
Anyway looks like everything is back to normal plus I have a backed up version as well as every entry on Word, in date order!!